Get in on The Fun
Participate in Our Table Decorating Competition!
Update Note: Answers to ongoing questions are provided at the end.
A table decorating competition – open to everyone - will take place during the LHS Class of ‘77’s 45th Class Reunion.
You can showcase your creativity and style in this competition by producing an original table presentation for our Saturday night event at the Lake Mirror Center on May 21, 2022.
You are NOT required to bring or supply plates, glasses, or utensils as we have a catered buffet planned for Saturday night. Also, we will supply the base tablecloth in your color choice of orange, black, or white.
Your participation will greatly help our Reunion Committee as we will not have to worry about decorating all the tables. So it’s a Win-Win for all and a great way for you to have fun and contribute to our reunion.
Anyone in Our Class Can Compete!
The competition is open to any single classmate or group of any size that would like to participate and it is free to enter.
We will have a total of ~20 tables available for decorating. If you’re a talented and crafty individual, show us what you’ve got. If you had a special group of friends @LHS then gather them to get in on the fun. If you participated in an activity/group/club/sport during high school and want to gather together for this competition that will work as well.
Two Categories to Enter…
Dreadnaught Spirit and LHS Days
We will have two categories for this competition. The first will be the Dreadnaught Spirit category. The overall theme of your table decorations should be reflective of the spirit and symbols of LHS. Think along the lines of orange & black, Dreadnaughts, “L”, or “LHS,” etc.
The second category is LHS Days. The theme of your table should be something you participated in, where you hung out, or even an activity you did in high school. It could also be reflective of your group/activity/sport from high school. It can be anything from glamorous to funny; however it must contain some element of orange and black. Literally the field is wide open with this category as to how to decorate your table and you are only limited by your imagination and our rules.
• You will be challenged with artistically decorating a 72” round table and, if desired, the surrounding 10 chairs (standard folding, brown chairs). Each table will also be assigned a 2’-4’ area on shared, side rectangular tables to display your hospitality items and accompanying decorations. Note: If you need additional space on the Hospitality Table, it can be requested.
• Hospitality Element - a small giveaway or souvenir, specialty punch, drink, wine, special dessert, or whatever you’d like is required and it should be provided in quantities of 50-100.
• The Hospitality Tables will utilize (at the discretion of the event coordinator) either all white or black tablecloths. You are charged with decorating your hospitality area/displaying your hospitality items to complement your table display.
• All tables must be covered with a tablecloth. Let us know in advance if you’d like an orange, black, or white tablecloth and we will supply those. You may use an overlay or runner if you so desire.
• You will have a total of two hours from 4-6 PM on Saturday, May 21, 2022 to complete your table decorating set up.
• All props and materials must be provided by the table decorator(s).
• All candles (if utilized) with open flames must be appropriately contained.
• Appropriate areas should be left available for individuals to sit down and place a plate, utensils, napkins, and drink in front of them; be it on the actual tablecloth, placemat, or charger.
• A brief explanation (or story) behind your choice of decorations must be presented for the judges on a provided form and explain/highlight how it addresses the theme and list the participants.
• Competitors are responsible for the security of their decorations and displays.
• Nothing can be permanently affixed, taped, stapled, 3M’d, or hammered into the tables/chairs/walls/floor and they all must be left in their original condition.
• Nothing should be overtly repulsive or offensively odorous to those eating at your table.
• Decorations must remain on the tables until the end of the event and be cleared out by no later than 11:30 PM on the night of the event.
How Will The Tables Be Judged?
Independent judges will be recruited to complete a judging sheet with a system of points awarded for individual areas as outlined in the rules. A total of 100 points will be available for each table and the judges will be charged with selecting and awarding 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place certificates in each of the two categories.
Points will Be Awarded as Follows:
Initial Impression – Is it appealing and does it follow all the outlined rules?: 20
Creativity and Originality – Setup or display shows ingenuity and uniqueness: 25
Execution of the Theme as Outlined in Writeup - Reminiscent of HS days/Dreadnaught spirit/group/activity/sport as set forth in each catgory: 15
Overall Composition/Coordination - Does it seem balanced and cohesive? : 10
Artistry and Use of Materials - Does it have a certain flair and/or use of unusual items?: 10
Hospitality Item(s) - Accompanying hospitality items and area décor complements table: 10
Reserve Your Table(s) Now!
To reserve a table, you can either comment below or contact Mary E. Richard (c-321-277-3657, firstname.lastname@example.org, or DM via Facebook).
Be sure to reserve your table before they are all gone!!
Answers to Questions:
No, you do not need to share your table ideas in advance.
Yes, you can collaborate on as many tables as you'd like. Yes, a single individual can sponsor
Table Sponsors to Date
1. Anchorettes - Mary E. Richard
2. Dee Triplets - Dianne Dee Smith
3. Scott Schiltz & Mary E. Richard
4. Golf Team - Kathleen Delozier
5. Debonettes - Kathleen Dolozier
6. Lionettes - Diane Miller
7. LHS Mustangs - Shawn Eady Wilson
8. LHS Band - John Morgan
9. ROTC/LHS Veterans - Joe Emory
10. Opportunity High Graduates - Tony McMahon
More Table Sponsors are Needed!
We still have at least 10 tables in need of Sponsors in our Table Decorating Competition. If you're a part of one of the groups listed above and want to participate, get in touch with the individuals listed beside each table. OR if you'd like to help us out and sponsor a table, get in touch with Mary E. Richard @ 321-277-3657.